By Katharina Benjamin, Micha Gross, Wolfgang Hocquel, Ulrich Knufinke, Peter Leonhardt, Alen Marie Linnemann, Loreen Schiede and Ines Sonder.
The work of the jewish architect Wilhelm Haller (1884 – 1956) has largely fallen into oblivion in Germany. From 1911 to 1933 he operated in Leipzig, later on he moved to Tel Aviv. His major work, generated from 1926 to 1928 and built in the style of Art Deco, was the cemetery hall on the jewish graveyard in Leipzig. It was destroyed during the fascistic “Pogromnacht” on the 9th of November, 1938. In Tel Aviv, which is considered to the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, Haller contributed to the construction of the “White City” with a series of buildings of the modernity. Those and other buildings are to be introduced in the present publication.
Format: Hardcover, 120 pages, 25.4 cm x 22 cm (10″ x 8.6″), English and German, colorful and black and white pictures, plans.
Publisher: Passage-Verlag, 2019